Jeroen GoddijnKeymasterDecember 15, 2016 at 2:36 PMPost count: 3
Rich did a great job of breaking down the skills and activities needed to drive market acceptance and real user adoption. If you missed it, or were there and just want to read view the slide-deck again, you can access his deck at http://www.mironov.com/documents/PMMktSkills-Dec16.pdf.
- Product Managers drive delivery, market acceptance and revenue by targeting market segments, realizing their needs and motivating functional groups beyond development
- Product pricing should be owned by Product, not by Marketing and definitely not by Sales
- Product Managers must talk to a few prospects and current and lost customers every week
- 2/3 of product failures are attributed to poor product strategy, positioning and channel management
- Product Managers need 8-20 in-depth interviews to spot patterns and wrong assumptions (before starting development)
What were your takeaways?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.