- Part 1 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: The Influencers
- Part 2 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: The Classics
- Part 3 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: The Communities
- Part 4 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: The Educators
- Part 5 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: Best of Medium
- Part 6 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: Design & UX
- Part 7 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: For Startups
- Part 8 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: Miscellaneous, but not least
NOTE: this is not a complete list. There are some great sites we ended up having to leave on the table—at least for now. And, obviously, there is overlap between these buckets. Most influencers are educators, and most of our favorite Medium writers are influencers, as well. These categories are intended as a loose guide, not pigeonholes. We’re planning to update this list frequently, so let us know if we forgot an essential entry!
To help parse the sheer volume of PM writing out there, we’ve organized this list into categories. And to make it more useful, I also added a short description of the focal point for each blog and added a blog post I think showcases their style, so you can easily choose the ones that will benefit you the most.
- Startup Lessons Learned
If you’re in product at a startup and you haven’t read Eric Ries’ hugely influential 2011 book The Lean Startup, don’t bother reading ANY of these blogs until you have. Once you’ve done that, spend some time on Startup Lessons Learned, Ries’ ongoing blog.
- Read this first: The Future of Corporate Agility
- Steve Blank
Steve Blank’s 2005 book, The Four Steps to the Epiphany: Successful Strategies for Products that Win, lay the groundwork for how we see and engage customer development today. On his blog, Blank continues to write about customer-driven entrepreneurship and disrupting big companies.
- Read this first: The mission model canvas – an adapted business model canvas for mission-driven organizations
- Hunter Walk
A partner at Homebrew, Hunter Walk focuses on growing startups—and their products. His hugely popular product management blog is part tech criticism, part knowledge-sharing, plus interviews with super-smart people working in PM.
- Read this first: “We Made Sure We Got Our Asses Kicked Regularly” – Accompany Founder Amy Chang on Building a Polished Product
- Benedict Evans
Andreessen Horowitz partner Benedict Evans mixes tech commentary with entrepreneurial advice on his fun blog. Less tactical, his writing examines major tech trends and how they fit into the startup/business landscape.
- Read this first: Cameras, ecommerce and machine learning