- Part 1 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: The Influencers
- Part 2 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: The Classics
- Part 3 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: The Communities
- Part 4 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: The Educators
- Part 5 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: Best of Medium
- Part 6 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: Design & UX
- Part 7 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: For Startups
- Part 8 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: Miscellaneous, but not least
NOTE: this is not a complete list. There are some great sites we ended up having to leave on the table—at least for now. And, obviously, there is overlap between these buckets. Most influencers are educators, and most of our favorite Medium writers are influencers, as well. These categories are intended as a loose guide, not pigeonholes. We’re planning to update this list frequently, so let us know if we forgot an essential entry!
To help parse the sheer volume of PM writing out there, we’ve organized this list into categories. And to make it more useful, I also added a short description of the focal point for each blog and added a blog post I think showcases their style, so you can easily choose the ones that will benefit you the most.
Miscellaneous, but not least
- Sachin Rekhi
What’s great about so many product management blogs is that they’re not self-promotional—it’s really all about knowledge-sharing. Sachin Rekhi exemplifies that attitude. In his essays (which he also delivers via a weekly newsletter), he shares ideas and observations from over a decade working as a PM in Silicon Valley.
- Read this first: Understanding User Psychology: Meet Your Happy Chemicals
- The Art of Product Management
Asana PM Jackie Bavaro, co-author of Cracking the PM Interview, doesn’t just use Quora to answer questions. Quora is where she hosts her insightful blog: “The Art of Product Management”. Her posts are encouraging, detailed, and introvert-friendly.
- Read this first: Take back your day: Time Management for PMs
- The Clever PM
The Clever PM is the anonymous advice column for the product management world. Written by a mysterious, Seattle-based product manager (Cliff Gilley in real life, according to LinkedIn), the site provides handy tips and inspiration for fellow product managers.
- Read this first: INVEST in Your User Stories!
- Inside Intercom
Intercom has an intelligent, highly opinionated approach to product management content. They (mostly) don’t do the usual “how to” shtick, but actually have got smart people on staff with ideas to share.
- Read this first: Get the most out of your research with storytelling
- First Round Review
First Round Review specializes in long-form interviews with superstar PMs. Like Airbnb’s Jonathan Golden. And Reddit’s co-VPs of product Alex Le and Kavin Stewart. And Pandora’s VP of Product Jack Krawczyk . And, and, and… Learn from the smartest product managers at the coolest companies.
- Read this first: It’s Price Before Product. Period.