- Part 1 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: The Influencers
- Part 2 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: The Classics
- Part 3 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: The Communities
- Part 4 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: The Educators
- Part 5 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: Best of Medium
- Part 6 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: Design & UX
- Part 7 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: For Startups
- Part 8 - Product Management Blogs To Follow: Miscellaneous, but not least
NOTE: this is not a complete list. There are some great sites we ended up having to leave on the table—at least for now. And, obviously, there is overlap between these buckets. Most influencers are educators, and most of our favorite Medium writers are influencers, as well. These categories are intended as a loose guide, not pigeonholes. We’re planning to update this list frequently, so let us know if we forgot an essential entry!
To help parse the sheer volume of PM writing out there, we’ve organized this list into categories. And to make it more useful, I also added a short description of the focal point for each blog and added a blog post I think showcases their style, so you can easily choose the ones that will benefit you the most.
- Mind the Product
You’ve probably been to the meetups. The MTP conference is in your calendar. Now read the blog already! Could MTP be the mother of all product management sites? They feature writing from some of the most interesting and insightful people in the business. Definitely some must-read stuff.
- Read this first: The history and evolution of product management
- 280 Group
This training and consulting firm is one of the most established (and prolific) hubs for PM content. 280 Group is there for you when you want to beef up on product strategy—or when you need a pep talk.
- Read this first: Meetings that don’t suck
- Pragmatic Marketing
Pragmatic Marketing actually have five different product management blogs, each hosted on their own domain, going into the strategic role of product teams, defining product launch success, influencing your space in the market, building product management from the ground up, and product pricing. But beyond their designated “blog” content, the site includes pretty much every other type of resource for product managers. Webinars! Infographics! A magazine! They do everything.
- Read this first:A Product Manager’s Worst Nightmare
- Sirius Decisions
Sirius Decisions is a global B2B advisory firm, and home to product management heavyweight Jeff Lash (more on him in the Educators post of this blog series). Their blog is a serious informational resource covering a broad range of relevant topics — from meat-and-potatoes product advice to marketing and sales.